Arduino Smart Plug Shield
This page is the development documentation platform of the Smart Plug Shield for Arduino.
- Precise, easy calibration, reduced size, Current and Voltage measuring system
- Modular communication module: XBEE (jNode?, Etherner?, CAN?)
- Load ON/OFF or dimmer (10-12A Triac)
- Integrated 220V to 9V-5V power supply (ex. 220 to USB chargers > Switched-mode power supply?)
- Optional: RTC chip for having time stamps on the measurements.
- Optional: RGB LED / LCD for feedback
- Pachube, Nanonode, Energy http://code.google.com/p/ardugrid7753/
Arduino Energy Shield
XBEE + RTC + ADE7753 (power calculation SPI or pulse comunication) + 1 Clamp input + 1 Transformer input. The current is mesured with a non-invasive AC external current sensor and the voltage with an external 12V adaptor.
XBEE + 6 Clamp input + 1 Transformer input The current is mesured with a non-invasive AC external current sensor and the voltage with an external 12V adaptor.
CuteDigi Smart Outlet LCD Shield
ACS712 (current mesuring) + 16A TRIAC (switch) + LCD + 2 buttons interface The current is mesured with an invasive IC (ACS712). No voltage measuring?
emonTX (not a shield, standalone)
Current and voltage measurement options
Non-invasive AC external current sensor clamp + 9V Power adapter + Rectifier circuit
Non-invasive AC external current sensor clamp + 12V Power adapter + dedicated dsp chip (ADE7753)
- The ADE7753 IC http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADE7753.pdf
Invasive current mesurement IC ACS712
Invasive current mesurement with OP-AMP (the kill-a-watt method)